We can’t guarantee that you’ll be excited to cook again when you reface kitchen cabinets in your home. However, this kitchen remodel project will help you create a beautiful space for your family to gather to eat take-out.
Before we discuss the benefits of cabinet refacing, please allow us to describe the kitchen cabinet refacing process.
Steps for Kitchen Cabinet Refacing
- The cabinet doors and drawer fronts are removed.
- The front portions of the cabinet boxes are covered with a high-end finish.
- New doors and drawer fronts are installed.
- New handles, drawer pulls, and door hinges are installed – unless you reuse the existing cabinet hardware.
- Optional accessories are installed, such as glass panels, lighting, storage accessories, or crown molding.
Why would you reface cabinets instead of refinishing cabinets or installing brand new ones? Here are some of the benefits.
The 4 Benefits of Refacing Kitchen Cabinets
Are you ready for a change? Here are four reasons to complete a kitchen refacing project.
1. It’s less expensive to reface kitchen cabinets than to buy new cabinet boxes.
Have you priced new cabinets recently? Stock cabinets for a small kitchen can cost $12,000 to $16,000, so you can imagine how much new custom cabinets would cost.
Additionally, many homeowners who completely replace their cabinetry are frustrated when the new product is not as well built as their old wood cabinets.
2. Refacing your cabinets will allow you to keep your kitchen layout.
Most homeowners who replace their cabinets change the kitchen’s layout to enjoy more countertop space or storage space. However, there are ramifications for changing the floor plan of your kitchen. This may lead to a complete kitchen remodeling project, including a new backsplash and flooring.
3. Refacing your cabinets will allow you to replace damaged and dinged kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
There’s probably nothing wrong with your existing cabinet boxes (and drawer boxes). However, your existing cabinet doors may show signs of wear. Unfortunately, painting over your existing dinged-up cabinets won’t create a sleek new surface. However, a cabinet refacing project will completely transform the look of your kitchen by making it feel new again.
4. A refacing job will allow you to stay current with the latest trends and styles.
Does your existing cabinetry look dated? You can make a massive difference in the look of your room by updating the door styles or stain color. New hardware can also make a huge difference.
Reface Kitchen Cabinets: Key Takeaways
Replace your cabinet’s doors and drawers with a cabinet refacing project.
Cabinet refacing is affordable.
Installing new drawer fronts and new doors will allow you to keep your same kitchen layout, which means you won’t have to replace your flooring or backsplash.
Refacing is a great option when the doors on your old cabinets are damaged.
Refacing is an affordable way to update your kitchen.
Woodbridge Home Solutions offers cabinet refacing in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas.
Woodbridge Home Solutions Offers Cabinet Refacing Services
Could your current cabinets benefit from just a facelift? Avoid a complete remodeling project by completing a lower-cost refacing project. Woodbridge Home Solutions can help.
Use our easy online scheduler to select a convenient time for your free consultation. You’ll be amazed by how quickly we can transform your space. Some projects are completed in as little as three days.