Summertime means sandy beaches, backyard barbecues, and hiking trips. For most homeowners, however, this season is the perfect time to tackle property improvements. Woodbridge Home Solutions, your top expert in storm window installation and more in the region, suggests three great summer upgrades you can try.
- 1 1. Patio Door Replacement
- 2 2. Window Replacement
- 3 3. Siding Installation
- 4 Additional Summer Home Improvements:
1. Patio Door Replacement
When it comes to adding function and aesthetic value to your home, your patio doors are way up there, creating a stronger, more seamless connection between your indoor and outdoor living spaces. When closed, they serve as an imposing barrier against external threats and harsh weather. That’s why, if you already notice extensive damage to your door units, turn to Woodbridge Home Exteriors for a patio door replacement.
Like our replacement window choices, our Woodbridge Classic patio doors are proudly American-made. They come in hinged, French, and sliding options, all specially designed to provide durable performance with their heavy-duty vinyl frames and steel-reinforced door panels. Advanced weatherstripping, multi-chambered frames, and warm-edge spacers help significantly reduce heat transfer. This means you can enjoy a cooler, more comfortable home for the rest of the season, minus the high energy costs. You also have the option of a keyed lock on the door handle for extra security.
2. Window Replacement
Don’t let old and faulty windows compromise the look and feel of your home. Deal with them effectively by working with Woodbridge Home Solutions for a replacement. Choose from different window styles for your summer home, from classic double-hung and casement to sleek picture and sliding. All are available with your choice of grid patterns to better complement your home’s appearance. Because our Woodbridge Classic replacement windows use rigid vinyl frames, they require little to zero maintenance. Their excellent insulating properties, combined with advanced triple-pane glass, make them some of the most energy-efficient windows available today.
3. Siding Installation
One of the most effective ways to spruce up your home this summer is with new exterior cladding. Woodbridge Home Solutions can help you with this, offering top-of-the-line insulated vinyl siding to maximize your home’s good looks and protect your interior from water and moisture damage. Woodbridge Classic siding is made from durable, impact-resistant resin with stabilizers, providing superior resistance against warping, rotting, and denting. An attractive wood grain finish and protective polymer coat keep the material vibrant and fade-resistant for longer.
Additional Summer Home Improvements:
- Summer-proof your attic by making sure it is well-insulated and that you have a properly working attic fan. Keeping an attic cool will help lower temperatures throughout your entire house.
- Add insulation around air conditioning ducts in places that aren’t normally cold such as attics, crawlspaces, and garages.
- Caulk and weather strip your home each year in the summer to ensure cracks, crevices, and air pockets don’t allow cool air to escape, keeping you comfortable year-round.
- Guttering, soffit, and fascia: Inspect all areas to look for worn materials, leaks or cracks. Leaking or ineffective guttering leads to all kinds of water problems, including foundation erosion. Old and worn soffit and fascia can invite a literal wild kingdom of pests and animals into your home, not to mention water, heat, humidity, and their problems.
- Plant trees that lose their leaves in the fall on the west side of your home. These trees will not only be great for the environment but will shade your home in summer and let sunlight in during the winter.
- If your home has storm windows, keep them closed when the air conditioning is on to keep homes cooler. Storm glass will help to trap the cool air inside instead of escaping through window crevices.
- Check entry doors and storm doors for gaps and wear. In addition to providing enhanced beauty and curb appeal, new replacement doors will reduce drafts and lower your energy bills. Again, make sure an expert reviews your door openings, as an ill-fitting door will cause more headaches than benefits.
- Check your hoses and water spigots for leaks. Wasted water costs add up, and drips and puddles can damage your foundation and other parts of your home.
- Replace old windows with new, energy-efficient replacement windows. Obviously, this is a great way to improve your home’s energy efficiency all year long. Modern windows feature glass with special coatings and high-tech air chambers that help to keep both cold and hot air where it belongs. Make sure an expert comes to your home to inspect your space. Effective window replacement requires careful measurements and installation.
Woodbridge Home Solutions offers lifetime limited transferable warranties, plus our own workmanship guarantee, on all Woodbridge Classic patio doors, windows, and siding.